In consultation with the
Ministry of Forests and the Ministry of Transport,
the organizers have made the decision to postpone
Mountain Trials Rally from the original date of
September 27th to the new date of October 18th.
Even if it rains continuously in the final two
weeks leading up to the rally, it would not effect
the organizers' decision. A rally requires that
verified and detailed route book be given to all
competitors. Unfortunately, recent road closures
have forced the cancellation of a lot of pre-event
work and the route master has run out of time.
There was a small chance to make up some of this
lost time over the past weekend, but the road
closures remained in effect until it was too late.
In the interests of safety there was no alternative
but to postpone the rally. Competitors already
registered will be contacted by the Registrar,
Dennis Wende. Please be prepared to confirm your
entry status or notify him of your intent to withdraw.
Despite this last minute change-of-plan, organizers
are determined to host the best BC rally in recent
years (yet again)!
Rallying WILL return to British Columbia this
October at the Mountain Trials Rally, round five
of the 2003 Western Canadian Rally Championship.
This event is sanctioned by the Canadian Association
of Rallysport (CARS), and is part of the Western
Canadian Rally Championship. It also counts for
SCCA NORPAC out-of-division points.